- Thank You!
Many thanks to all of you for working with our new procedures for rowing and thank you to all of our coaching staff for helping to get everyone back on the water safely this past week! While not everyone is back at the same practice time all together, it was wonderful to see your smiling faces again!
- Thanks for shopping at Otten Bros during our Give & Grow Fundraiser! Together you all raised $361! Many thanks to our fundraising committee!
- We still have cool LLRC 2020 Tshirts and Tanks for sale! $20. Email Laura Buggy with your Tshirt size and she will drop it off in a ziplock bag in the brown bin at LLRC with your name on it. Venmo $20 to @Laura-Buggy
Pink Tank: 1 M
Green Tank: 4S/ 2M/ 1L
Light Blue Tshirt (image on back is same as the tanks) 5S/ 7L/ 2XL
On the Water:
- With the announcement from Governor Walz about organized sports opening up to 25 people, we know some are wondering if this allows for larger size group practices. We need to continue to follow the MDH guidelines of maintaining 6 feet of distance, so we will need to continue to row in single shells (unless same household members). Doubles and Quads do not have enough space between rowers to comply with the MDH guidelines. So we will continue with small group sessions.
We will follow the same schedule as last week. Groups should be the same as last week, unless you made different arrangements with Coach Nicholas. You can check the web calendar: http://longlakerowing.org/calendar/
- We hope to add in another session for juniors in the next 2 weeks, aiming for approximately the week of June 22nd, as we are getting rowers settled in to rowing in singles, more small boats to launch / land and new cleaning procedures. For planning purposes; those sessions would be scheduled as such: Fri 7 am Jr. Girls (red), 8:30 am Jr. Girls (white), 10 am Jr. Girls (blue). Sat. 7 am Jr. Boys (green), 8:30 am Jr. Boys (orange), 10 am Jr. Mix (purple)
- Great job with remembering to wear your mask for practice!
A few other friendly reminders:
1) Please bring your own towels for wiping down boats after each use, with COVID-19 we do not have club towels to share.
2) Please sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure. We have 2 hand sanitizing stations- one by the east oar rack (black tool box holder),and one under the deck at west end (red tool box holder).
3) Grab your cleaning spray bottle from either the bin by the oar rack, or the brown bin under deck to spray equipment before and after use.
We have assigned oars to minimize how many people are using one set of oars. You can find your oar # here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e_KcJmD9Gv9dWjSCgeREmx6wukebqTN9pNvzHerwZC0/edit#gid=0. Please remember your oar number, to expedite the launching process of getting everyone on the water. The oar rack has a gold medal medallion marking each oar pair #. Coaches will give you your assigned boat at each practice.
- Weather forecast is a bit unsettled for the first part of the week. Please check your email closely for any practice updates. Coach Nicholas will provide on land erg/ cross-training plans in the event of weather cancels.
- If you can not attend a practice please notify your coach. Juniors: email@example.com, Masters: CoachK@longlakerowing.org
- If you're a Senior and still wish to be included in our Senior Spotlight you can still send us your information and senior pic! LINK
- We are working on details for a LLRC Grad Ceremony! This is for ALL LLRC Seniors--even if you're not on the team this summer! We want to honor and celebrate each of you for your accomplishments!! As soon as we have a date set, we will let you know!
- Staggered starts: Mon/Wed. 6:15/ 6:30 and Tue/Thurs 4:15/ 4:30 . (Due to our shorter permit hours we will start our first launch at 4:15pm.
- Coach Nicholas will update you with your training plan for this week!
- We are sad to announce our final 2 regattas have been cancelled; Tops & Bottoms July 25, and NWIRA Championships Aug 14-15, due to COVID-19.
Have a great week!