2017 Regatta Information
Regattas are a fun part of LLRCrew! Racing is not mandatory, but it provides a fun team building experience for the Crew. Below are tentative dates for 2016 regattas during the Spring/Summer Sprints Season and the Fall Head Season:
June 17 Mpls Sprints at Lake Nokomis
June 24 Thunder Bay Regatta, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada ~ All rowers welcome~ Passport Needed~
Best Western Thunder Bay Crossroads, 655 Arthur Street West, Thunder Bay, ON
Room rate: $120/night (Canadian $), CONTINENTIAL BREAKFAST
- Check in Friday June 23, checkout on Sunday June 25
- Call toll free (800) 265-3253 or hotel directly (807) 577-4241 and ask for LONG LAKE ROWING CREW block
- The cut-off date to make reservations under this block is 6/5/17.
July 15 Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN ~ All rowers welcome
Radisson Duluth Harborview, 505 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802
- Room rate: $159/night, NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
- Check in Friday July 14, check out Saturday July 15
- Call toll free (800) 333-3333 to make reservations under the Long Lake Rowing Crew room block or code 1707LLRC17
- The cut-off date to make reservations under this block is 6/14/17.
July 22 Tops & Bottoms Regatta, Rabbit Lake, Kenora, Ontario, Canada ~ All rowers welcome~ Passport Needed
Comfort Inn, 1230 Highway 17 East, Kenora, ON
- Room rate: $150/night (Canadian $), CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST
- Check in Friday July 21, check out Sunday July 23
- Call hotel directly (807) 468-8845 to make reservations under the Long Lake Rowing Crew room block.
- The cut-off date to make reservations under this block is 6/23/17.
Aug 11-12 Northwest International Rowing Association Championships (NWIRA), Lake Elmo, Minnesota ~ All rowers welcome
Sept 30 Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, Iowa ~ All rowers welcome
Oct 7 Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis ~ All rowers welcome
- Permission Form for minors travelling with non parents :Blank_Perm_to_Trvl_wMinors_Letter-2
- Regatta Survival Guide
Regatta fees are in addition to LLRCrew membership and Program fees. Regatta expenses are shared among participating rowers (gas/vehicle to haul boats to regatta venue, hotel expenses for coach’s room, regatta entry fees, race day lunches and snacks). Rowers and their families are responsible for their own travel to/from regattas as well as hotel arrangements/expenses. All junior rowers must be accompanied by a responsible adult. LLRCrew reserves a block of rooms for all away regattas for rowers and their families. Details will be communicated on LLRCrew website. Regatta payments will be billed out after each regatta. All membership and program fees must be paid prior to participating in any regattas.