Regattas are a fun part of LLRCrew! Racing is not mandatory but provides a fun team building experience.
- Regattas are an additional expense that are not covered by program registration fees.
- New! For our 2019 Regatta season, we will be have our rowers pre-pay for the regattas they wish to attend. Your payment, due 15 days prior to each regatta, will be your "rsvp" so our coaching staff, knows to include you in their regatta entries/ boat lineups.
Below are tentative dates for 2019 Regattas (Spring/Summer Sprints Season and Fall Head Season):
*March 2nd: Twin City Youth Erg Sprints
*May 18-19 Midwest Junior Regional Championships; Bethel, OH.--rower selection determined by coaching staff
*Jun 8-9 Junior Nationals; Sarasota, FL- qualifiers from MWJr. Champs
*June 15 Minnesota Sprints- Lake Nokomis- full team
*June 22 Thunder Bay, ON- full team
*July 20 Summertime Sprints, Neenah, WI-full team
*July 27 Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON-full team
*Aug 6-11 Royal Canadian Henley, St. Catherines, ON- rowers selected by LLRC Coaching team
*Aug 15-18 Masters Nationals- Grand Rapids, MI
Fall Schedule to be released yet-- below is 2018 Fall Schedule-
OCT 6 Head of the Mississippi (Minneapolis, MN)
**ALL ROWERS WELCOME**
OCT 14 HEAD OF THE ROCK (Rockford, IL)
**ALL ROWERS WELCOME**
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Rockford
7651 Walton St, Rockford, IL 61108
• Rooms Available: 15x Queen/Queen and 5x King
• Room Rate: $119 USD/night (includes free breakfast)
• Check-in: SAT 13th OCT; Checkout: SUN 14th OCT
• Call 815-398-7400; ask for Long Lake Rowing Crew
• Block Reservation Cut-off Date: SEPTEMBER 28th
OCT 19-20 HEAD OF THE CHARLES (Boston, MA)-The Head of the Charles Regatta operates a lottery style entry, which means there are no guaranteed entries UNLESS a rower qualified the previous year for automatic entry. If LLRC has a boat chosen via the lottery, it will be LLRC Coach selection for rowers to compete.
Helpful INFO & LLRC Travel Policies
- Permission Form for minors travelling with non parents :Blank_Perm_to_Trvl_wMinors_Letter-2
- Regatta Survival Guide
Regatta fees are in addition to LLRCrew membership and Program fees. Regatta expenses are shared among participating rowers (gas/vehicle to haul boats to regatta venue, hotel expenses for coach’s room, regatta entry fees, race day lunches and snacks).
Rowers and their families are responsible for their own travel to/from regattas as well as hotel arrangements/expenses.
All junior rowers must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Designated chaperone family must be communicated to Jr. Coordinator .
Junior Rowers 18 years old and younger are not allowed to drive themselves to an "away" regattta.
LLRCrew reserves a block of rooms for all away regattas for rowers and their families. Details will be communicated on LLRCrew website. Regatta payments will be billed out after each regatta. All membership and program fees must be paid prior to participating in any regattas.